FAITH RADIO 90.5 FM
PLOT NO. 41-56 REPUBLIC STREET, MBALE UGANDA
Tel: 0779 309091 / 0772591198, E-mail: [email protected]
FAITH RADIO MANAGEMENT REPORT 2017
This report entails Human Resource, Equipment, Programs, News, Marketing, Finance and accounts, Mandatory taxes URA, UCC among others.
We sincerely thank our supporters for praying and supporting Faith Radio financially to meet the radio goals in reaching the people of Uganda with the good news in 2017. May God bless you all abundantly! Please take time to study and review this 2017 report on Faith Radio Uganda.
1.1 Success and Achievements 2017
- Consistent 24/7 broadcasting has been maintained
- Marketing sales rose by 40% through great listenership, instant commission and aggressive marketing
- Installation of internet boosting up news and research
- We have maintained tax VAT by 50% by dealing with suppliers who are registered by URA to enable us claim tax paid on purchases
- Improvement of the overall management of the entire station through staff meetings, vigorous supervision and strictness among senior employees to junior staff
- Regular servicing of station generators has been maintained and a new studio computer was acquired
- Consistent payment of rent arrears
- One of our staff, John King availed his home star times decoder to boost our news and information reception
- Staff facilitation and welfare has greatly improved by provision of transport to the staff with the Faith Radio vehicle
- On air presentation and content has greatly impacted on our listenership
- Staff productivity and performance improved
- Applied to Uganda Communication Commission officially to renew the frequency for our radio License
1.2 Challenges 2017
- Higher cost of operation in terms of fuel due to unstable electricity power
- Some limited skilled staff struggling to keep up with new technology at Faith Radio
- Limited finances to replace depreciated assets like chairs, computers, tables etc
- High faciality rental costs
- Additional funding to hire more skilled employees
1.3 HUMAN RESOURCE
The Faith Radio staff has been supportive and committed to their duties. Their efforts are much appreciated. We have a strong and vibrant Faith Radio listenership.
Below is list of full time employees and volunteers:
- Patrick Okabe – Director
- Daniel Okabe – Managing Director
- Ronald Segera – Station Manager
- Sharon Okabe – Marketing
- John Woniala – Producer
- Rebecca Kataike – Secretary
- Richard Wame – Presenter
- Jackson Mulabe – News Anchor
- Jackson Nabukoli – Caretaker
- Godwin Chaka – Security
- Moses Nandala – Prayer and Encouragement
Our equipment are in good condition and working well, we have not had a lot of mechanical issues due to consistent servicing and maintenance.
Office furniture has depreciated over the years needs replacement. The building space is limited, making it difficult for all the Faith Radio departments function efficiently.
Our marketing efforts improved in 2017. We brought new companies on board to advertise with Faith Radio such as Africell, a cell phone company. However we still face stiff competition from secular radio.
The production director has done a good job to improve on air content that has boosted the performance of the Radio programs through vigorous monitoring, assessments and shaping the presenters to fit media personality and public consumption. The radio plans to engage an expert in media to train presenters.
2.1 NEEDS AND PROSPECT GOALS FOR 2018
- In April 2018, we are organizing Faith radio keeping Mbale Town clean event where our listeners, municipal staff, Faith Radio staff and other stake holders are expected to participate in cleaning the town
- In Butaleja we are organizing a marathon to fundraise money for Busolwe Hospital to buy mattresses and bed for the patients
- Creating more commercial programs and sale promotions
- Acquire new equipment like computers, access control system, power back up and fire extinguishers
- Improving on sales and Market to larger companies.
- Staff job training to increase productivity
- Live news reporting and coverage and online broadcasting
- Community work to strengthen the Faith Radio image.
- Buying new studio furniture tables, chairs and computer desks
- Acquiring land to construct a Faith Radio building and media center
In conclusion we saw great improvement at Faith Radio in 2017 we encourage you to support Faith Radio financially to reach its annual budget so as we can work efficiently and expanding the radio ministry.
We are getting the entire staff ready for next year 2018 to be productive in their roles and duties.
Thank you for praying and supporting Faith Radio Uganda.
Changing Lives for Good